2018 Level 1 trainings
April 9-10, 2018
September 17-18, 2018
The first level of Gottman Method Couples Therapy, called Bridging the Couple Chasm is a basic introduction to the groundbreaking research of Dr. John Gottman.
In this two day training you will:
- Learn the importance of assessing the couple’s friendship, conflict management and shared meaning systems.
- The Friendship System – the building block for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- The Conflict System – the basis for helping couples manage solvable problems and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- The Shared Meaning System – the existential foundation of the relationship that helps couples create shared purpose in building a life together
- Be able to summarize the research that predicts relationship stability.
- Describe the seven levels of the Sound Relationship House theory.
- Learn how to assess the relationship using written questionnaires, interviews and observation of conflict.
- Develop an appropriate and effective treatment plan.
- You will learn how to use Gottman interventions to help couples.
- Have the opportunity to observe videos of the esteemed Dr. Julie Gottman working with a real couple.
You’ll receive a 300-page Clinical Manual featuring new relationship assessment questionnaires and clinical interventions.
Therapists who complete this workshop have taken the first step toward certification as a Gottman Method Couples’ Therapist.
The Center for Relationship Wellness is authorized to offer continuing education credits from National Marriage Seminars for this program. This course is approved for 11 CE’s. Approved for APA, CA-BBS and NASW.
Cost is $400 per participant.
Register for Level 1 and Level 2 combination and save $200
Military, Student and Group (3 or more) discounts (15%) are available.
Early Registration discount of $50 is available. Register 30+ days prior to the training date and save.
Continuing Education: 11 CE hours
To be determined, Greater Houston Area
Cancellation Policy: Full refund minus $50 processing fee if received one month prior to workshop date. After that date, participants will receive full credit to attend a future training.