2018 Level 2 Trainings:
April 11-13, 2018
September 19-21, 2018
The second level of Gottman Method Couples Therapy is called Assessment, Intervention, And Co-Morbidities. This 3 day workshop deepens your knowledge and understanding of the Gottman Method. You will learn more about how and when to use the interventions, and how to handle co-morbidities that complicate couples counseling, such as depression, affairs, PTSD, addictions and domestic violence. You will also be given an opportunity to practice Gottman Method interventions and exercises.
In this workshop, you will:
- Sharpen your clinical skills.
- Integrate research-based Gottman Method assessments and intervention techniques with your personal therapy style.
- Learn when to use particular interventions.
- Assess when couples therapy is contraindicated or might be harmful.
- Be able to use your Level 2 Clinical Manual, which includes revised Gottman Core Assessments, Gottman Supplemental Assessments and more than 50 Gottman Interventions.
- Practice interventions in group role-plays.
- View videos of Dr. Julie Gottman working with a difficult couple
- Participate in extensive discussions with Certified Gottman Master Trainers, Don and Carrie Cole.
- Receive supportive coaching from Don and Carrie Cole as you participate in experiential exercises.
- Engage both Dr. Don and Carrie Cole in vital dialogue regarding Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
Who Should Attend?
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
You must have completed Gottman Level 1 (Live or Home Study) to register.
Continuing Education: 20 CE hours
The Center for Relationship Wellness is authorized to offer continuing education credits for this program. This course is approved for 20 CE’s. Approved for APA, CA-BBS and NASW through National Marriage Seminars.
Cost is $800 per participant.
Military, Student and Group (3 or more) discounts (15%) are available.
Register for a Level 1/Level 2 Combination and save $200
Early Registration discount of $100 is available. Register 30+ days prior to the date of the training and save.
Call 281-480-0200 to register
To Be Determined: Greater Houston Area
Cancellation Policy: Full refund minus $50 processing fee if received one month prior to workshop date. After that date, participants will receive full credit to attend a future training.