Next Level 3 trainings
January 17-19, 2018
August 1-3, 2018
The third level of Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Practicum, is a 3-day training. Participants must have a master’s or doctoral degree in a mental health related field, and have completed Level 1 and Level 2 to be eligible for this training. This workshop uses videos or case studies brought in by all training participants. Participants will role play these videos in order to fine tune their use of Gottman interventions you have learned in levels 1 and 2. We encourage you to bring in examples of your most difficult cases so participants can gain confidence in their practice of the interventions.
In this training participants will:
- Refine the assessment process.
- Learn how to present a couple’s strengths and challenges in terms of the Sound Relationship House theory.
- Select and utilize appropriate tools to help couples deepen their “Friendship System.”
- Learn to help couples identify the “Four Horsemen” and understand the antidotes.
- Learn to clarify conflicts in terms of solvable, perpetual, and grid-locked problems.
- Practice using the “Dreams Within Conflict” technique to help couples achieve break-throughs with their perpetual conflicts.
- Practice intervening when one or both partners are flooding.
- Practice helping couples reach appropriate compromises.
- Become more comfortable in dealing with serious co-morbidities.
Workshop Fee $1000 (Payment plan available)
Military, Student and Group (3 or more) discounts (15%) are available.
Early Registration discount of $100 is available. Register 30+ days prior to the date of the training and save.
Call 281-480-0200 to register
Schedule: 8:30am – 5:00pm, daily
*Check-in starts at 8:00am on the first day of the workshop
Continuing Education: 20 CE hours.
The Center for Relationship Wellness is authorized to offer continuing education credits from the Gottman Institute for this program. This course is approved through for 20 CE’s. Approved for APA, NBCC, CA-BBS and NASW through National Marriage Seminars.
Location: Holiday Inn
302 Bay Area Blvd.
Webster, Texas 77598
Cancellation Policy: Full refund minus $50 processing fee if received one month prior to workshop date. After that date, participants will receive full credit to attend a future training.
The final component to becoming certified as a Gottman Therapist requires working with a consultant to refine your skills in the use of interventions, and to thoroughly understand the theory behind the use of the interventions. Your consultant is your biggest supporter in your journey toward certification in this form of family therapist training. You will be able to fine-tune your use of the couple therapy exercises to truly become expert.
As master trainers, Don & Carrie Cole are available as consultants. A complete list of all other Gottman Institute consultants and their biographical information will be provided upon completion of Level 3.